Tuesday, July 17, 2012

When you think things can't get worse...

Photo Courtesy of Discover Magazine

...they usually do!  

2012 has been a crazy year.  At the beginning, I thought all the Armageddon stories were just crazy talk!  But now, I'm not so sure.

Since the beginning of the year, I've seen so many of my friends, including myself, struggle.  Lost jobs, spouses, pets, relatives, self-esteem, by the bucket load.  One day, a dear friend lamented on the fact that everyone around him seemed to be struggling, then a day later, he called to tell me his brother was in the hospital, at death's door!  Fortunately, he's been stabilized, but one can't fault a person for thinking things are going to hell in a hand basket!

But, I choose to stay positive.  It's not easy, but life is hard enough.  I'm not going to help the universe hold me down.  Everytime you get knocked down, it gets a little harder to get back up, however, the alternative is staying down.  Yeah, not liking that option.  I hope and pray that 2012 gets better for everyone.  If not, please Mayans, let's get this over quick!  ;-) Just kidding.

No comments: